We encourage all users to tip if they can and have worked to make doing so as simple as possible.
You can see your entire Tips history in your Settings.
- Open the Blast Radio mobile app
- Tap your profile image on the top right
- Tap 'Settings' on the bottom of the screen
- Choose 'Tips'
Monitor your Tips:
Access the history of all tips sent and received.
Connect to Stripe
Blast Tips works with Stripe. Tap the Connect to Stripe blue button to set up your wallet on Stripe. Once you are all set, you will be redirected to the Blast mobile app. If you still see the blue Stripe button when you are redirected, quit the Blast Radio app and open it again. Note – Stripe holds on to your tips in a secure escrow for 45-90 days in order to prevent fraud. When your tips are available to withdraw funds will transfer from “Pending Balance” to “Available to Withdraw.”
Additional info on Tipping
- Our onboarding flow explains tipping and encourages users to tip
- Over time artists will be able to reward users that tip most with special promotions
- To streamline the tipping process and ensure stability and security, we are leaning on the infrastructure built through Apple and Google's app store as well as a leading third-party payment processing platform.
50% of tips go directly to artists. The remaining 50% is divided between Apple, Google, the payment processor, and a small cut to Blast to ensure we can cover our operating cost and continue to improve our product for artists and listeners.